The objective of the Ambassadors is to meet and welcome new businesses to the community by being the public relations arm of the Chamber. This is accomplished by
providing a welcome and assistance to new members and guests, and by attending existing members’ functions.
Among the Ambassador’s activities are Ribbon Cuttings, Business After Hours, Coffee Connections, Chamber Power Breakfast and major Chamber events. Ambassadors also help by assisting the Chamber in the promotion and organizing of special events.
AMBASSADOR’S COMMITTEE MISSION STATEMENT
To promote general membership services and enhance goodwill for The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce in the community; assist in the recruitment of new members through personal contacts, membership involvement, and to encourage involvement, awareness, and maximum retention.
QUALITIES OF AN AMBASSADOR:
Individuals who make successful Ambassadors believe in and support the efforts of the Chamber. They are able to balance the necessary time commitment of the committee with the demands of their jobs. They are outgoing and enjoy meeting new people and providing positive support and encouragement to colleagues. They are sociable, strong contributors to any group and enjoy spending time with other professionals. Membership is by application only. The goal is to represent a wide variety of industries and businesses.
ALL AMBASSADOR COMMITTEE MEMBERS SHOULD PLAN TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Attend ribbon cuttings/opening ceremonies
- Attend monthly Ambassador meetings
- Attend and help with major chamber events: Cherry Festival, Color Dash, Starlight Parade, Membership Picnic and the Annual Awards Banquet.
- Attend Chamber events and activities as an Ambassador
- Serve as a representative for the Chamber in new member recruitment and welcome.
- Keep regular communication with the Chamber office at all times
- Be yourself!
- Volunteer as a greeter at the following functions on a regular basis:
- New Member & Current Member Grand Openings, Ribbon Cuttings, Seminars, etc
- Chamber Business After Hours /Power Breakfasts/Coffee Connections
- Other Chamber events (Cherry Festival, Membership Picnic, Color Dash, Starlight Parade, Annual Awards Banquet).
- Volunteer to participate in Chamber Ambassador Committee functions:
- Attend regularly-scheduled meetings
- Recruit new ambassadors
- Participate in ambassador committee fundraising activities
- Assist on an as-needed basis for Chamber functions and on event committees
- Call assigned new members each month to remind them of networking events, Check to see if they are using benefits